Monday, January 9, 2017

The Perfect Picture

...or it would have been had I had a camera with me.  Last week, I was driving an alternate route home from the post office, and caught a view of some trees just as the sun was setting.  The day had been cloudy with a combination of white and dark clouds.  The sun came shining through in a small break in the clouds.  It was stunning.  I quickly pulled over, searching for my point and shoot camera that is usually in the glove box.  Nope, not there.  I dug in my purse for my iPhone.  What?  You've got to be kidding me.  I left my phone at home.  I was so disappointed.  I would have driven home, grabbed my camera and gone back, but I could tell that the moment had passed.  Clouds had moved in and the sun had disappeared from view.  Damn!  I've been trying to recapture that moment since then.  I check the time for sunset and drive back to that same spot, but it has been cold and clear. I think what made the original view so stunning was the darkened background.  Yesterday, I came close.  And I did find a few other interesting things to shoot as well.















No comments:

Post a Comment