Thursday, January 12, 2017

Political Opinion and The Spiritual Approach

I am not particularly savvy in terms of politics. I am very middle of the road - a little be conservative, a little be liberal, but mostly I have what I consider to be a very common sense approach to things, including politics and government.
I am very concerned about the number of political/cabinet nominees that appear to have conflicts of interest or who flat out support policies in direct conflict with what the president-elect promised/support in his campaign.
The election is over. Mr Trump will be sworn into office on January 20th. He will be the one representing our nation. He will be making decision that effect all of us. 
The power we have as citizens is the power we give to our senators and congressmen and congress women. Whether or not you voted for Mr Trump no longer matters. What matters is that you make sure your voice - your opinion - is heard. I urge everyone to hold Mr Trump accountable, and insist on honesty and integrity. If you are concerned, like I am, about the moninees for the cabinet, etc., then call, write, email your senators and representatives. Express your views and concerns. These people work for you! They should cast their votes representing their constituents, not the party or the president! They are elected by you, not appointed by someone else. Don’t be afraid to let them know when it comes time for re-election, if they are not representing your values, your opinions, then you will be casting your vote elsewhere. Your vote has power. Pay attention to what is going on!

The above is a post I made on my personal Facebook page yesterday.  My intention had to been to take a Facebook break but I just HAD to share my concerns.  I have a very small number of FB friends - on purpose - and an even smaller number of regular readers for this blog - not on purpose, LOL.  I am really not one to get involved in political discussion, and for me to take a stand publicly on such things means there is really something to be concerned about.  

In my morning meditation, I asked the question about what to do.  The answer I received was "wisdom = divine guidance/prayer plus common sense.  One of my favorite spiritual teachers/authors, Emmet Fox, writes "When you set out to solve a problem by means of prayer, you should take the ordinary normal steps in addition.  Do not simply pray and thens it down and wait for something dramatic to happen."

This month I am reading The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra.  Today's chapter was on the Law of Giving.  I assumed it was going to be about tithing.  It wasn't. It addressed the idea of giving a gift to everyone we meet.  Gifts come in many forms - money, items, blessings, compliments, and so on.

In the Chapter summary, Dr Chopra makes the following challenge:  Keep wealth circulating in your life by giving and receiving life's most precious gifts:  the gifts of caring, affection, appreciation and love.  Every time you meet someone, silently wish them joy, happiness and laughter.

Today, keeping this challenge in mind, I send blessings of Divine Intelligence, Wisdom and Understanding to President-Elect Trump, our Senators, our Congressional Representatives, the press and media, and the citizens of the United States.  Lord knows we need help - from both Divine Intervention and participation by our citizens for what is right for EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment