Sunday, January 1, 2017

January 1st - Brand New Year

A time for new resolutions goals intentions oh shit, let's get real, it's a list of stuff I may or may not do.  In my head, I'd like to do these things, but in reality, retired life has made me pretty lazy.  I do what I want, when I want, with the exception of day care for my grandsons that I committed to until the youngest starts school full time.  And honestly, some days I like it, and some days not so much.

I'm taking a bit of a break from Facebook.  My aim is for the month of January. However, I will be pleased if I make it a week.  I hate Facebook the way I hate Ebay, Craigslist, PayPal, and all those things that once were cool but now are just a pain in the behinder.  With Facebook, I am specifically over the whole political scene.  Democrats and Republicans are never going to see eye to eye.  Cooperation and compromise would be nice.  What I am having trouble with is some of the behavior of the President-Elect.  This is the time to practice acting presidential.  Get the f*&# off of Twitter.  You look like a self center, egotistical, narcissistic fool! And maybe you are, but for crying outlaid, try acting a presidential and worthy of the office. My prayer is that there occurs some intervention from Divine Intelligence once Mr Trump is sworn into office.  I didn't vote for the man, and honestly my expectations of his ability to run the country are pretty low.  I hope I am wrong and that he surprises us all.  This is the best country in the world and we citizens deserve to have a President who is wise, caring and full of integrity.

The other thing that just bugs me about Facebook is why oh why do I have to be notified of everything my "friends" like.  I don't mind if I am informed that mutual friends like something, but I really don't care that a casual acquaintance likes the fact that his/her 3rd cousin by marriage had a great lunch at Applebee's.  I understand it is a marketing thing, but that is not going to factor in to my decision to have lunch at Applebee's.  It only makes me want to "un-follow" that particular acquaintance.  I've written to Facebook about this, but I don't think Mark Zuckerberg or the powers that be care.

See, I don't need Facebook in order to gripe!  I can do it right here.

Under the category of stuff I may or may not do this year (for those of you who are still reading at this point):

Really establish an exercise routine.  I mean, really, really, really establish an exercise routine. I have a friend who keeps track of the number of days in a row that she has practiced yoga.  I'm inspired, but also mildly annoyed.  But that's my own crap.  Good for her, I say.  I will continue to look upon her as a good example.

Develop a schedule that works for me.  Something that will allow me to get back into the practice of journalling.  I'm a big fan of Julia Cameron and her morning pages.  I routinely spend an hour each morning on my "spiritual journey" - reading spiritually uplifting books, praying, meditating, and so on.  If I do that first thing, it's very easy to keep doing it....so much so that I don't have time for exercising.  I know myself well enough to know that if I don't exercise first thing, I'm not going to.  So this will require a change in my scheduled routine.

I'd like to develop the habit of posting to this blog every day once a week, at least.  I named it the Blah Blah Blog for a reason.  There are a lot of things that interest me.  I have lots of ideas that I can write about from spiritual stuff, to recipes, to the clever things my grandsons do or say, to photography, travel, RVs, relatives who annoy me (JK - sort of), and random shit that runs through my head.

I'd like to read more of the classics, and develop a taste for different genres of music.  I'd like to play less Candy Crush and watch less TV.  I'd like to figure out what I'm going to do with all the children's paintings I've done.  I'd really like to learn how to use my Nikon D3300, and especially how to mark the photos with my name/copyright.  And I'd really, really, really like to find a pair of comfortable jeans that fit!  So come on 2017 - Let's get with the program!

What is on your "Shit To Do" list for this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment