Monday, July 18, 2016

Recipe Collection - Paleo Mushroom Gravy and Slow Cooked Rump Roast

I'm sharing this recipe here in case I ever decide to go full on paleo.  Didn't happen last night as I served some red potatoes with this meal, but the roast turned out pretty good.  I'm making soup from the left overs.

1-2 lbs beef rump roast
3 cups chicken broth
2 large onions, chopped
5-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 8oz container of sliced mushrooms
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp paprika
½ cup full fat coconut milk, canned

Place broth, coconut milk, onions, garlic, mushrooms and spices in a crock pot.  Stir to combine/mix.

Add the rump roast to the pot.  (I didn't sear my roast first as that was not part of the directions, but I think I would do it if and when I make this again.)

Cook on low 6-8 hours.

This recipe came from Juli Bauer's book, "OMG, That's Paleo?"

No comments:

Post a Comment