Monday, May 23, 2016

New Hobby #2 - Painting For Kids

Technically, it is not a "new" hobby.  I took up painting about a year ago.  Having never had a painting lesson, I can't really identify my style.  I paint what appeals to me.  And recently, I've been painting what appeals to my grandsons.

I have one grandson who is a nut about animals, and his younger brother is learning to talk and verbally identify pictures of animals.  So I guess it is no surprise that I've been painting animals.










I am not sure how I came up with this process, but I first sketch the animal on card stock and then outline it with a Sharpie.  Next I paint it with acrylics.  When it dries, I cut it to fit a canvas board which I have spray painted with a complementary color.  Next I modge podge the painting to the board, and top it with two additional coats of modge podge.  For the final step, I spray it with an acrylic coating.

I am retired and therefore I am not looking at painting as an occupation or career, but as an avocation.    My collection of these paintings is growing.  My daughter has informed me that her animal loving son has more than enough paintings.  And my husband, although he says nothing, would not choose to decorate our home with these pieces.  So I'm looking for ideas on where to sell, market or donate these pieces.  I am not looking to make money, other than to pay for supplies, and really, I would like to find some place to donate my work.  Maybe a women's shelter or to foster families.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Sending you all blessings for a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment