Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My New Hobby - Photography

I'm not sure "new" is the right word.  I've always been interested in photography, primarily landscape and nature, and of course my kids and grandkids.  I had a SRL camera years ago, back in the olden days when film was used.  It was too complicated for me at that time.  The hobby was put on the back burner.

The age of digital photography has been a god-send for me.  I recently bought a Nikon D3300, and I am still in the beginning stages of getting acquainted with the "how to" of it all.  Right now, I'm just shooting random shots and hoping I get a good picture.  It is so nice to be able to delete those crappy shots without having to pay to have them printed.

Yesterday, my husband and I took one of our grandsons to North Creek Park in the Mill Creek/Bothell area of Snohomish County, WA. I got a couple of good shots of birds as we walked along the boardwalk.


Red-breasted Sapsucker


American Robin with worm



And a few shots of birds I've taken elsewhere.


Downy Woodpecker


Spotted Towhee


American Crow


SeaGull (I believe it is a Ringed Bill Gull)


Ducks (the one is definitely a male mallard and the one photobombing on the right I believe is a female mallard - the white billed one with the black head is possibly an American Coot)


Northern Flicker


Peacock

Any birders out there?  It's been through reading other blogs (mostly RV travel blogs) that got me interested in bird watching, although my paternal grandfather was a big birdwatcher.

Blessings to you all for a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment