Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Empties - Chobani Greek Yogurt Flips

I stumbled upon a blog by a woman named Beth called E. Lizard Breath Speaks - Let's Travel  In her blog, she shares some wonderful pictures and videos she has taken of her travels.  While looking at her blog, I found a link to a You Tube Video Log she did called "Empties".  Basically it is a review of products she has used and she has the empty bottles/containers to prove it.

I always thought that was a great idea.  My problem is that if I don't like something right away, I'm certainly not going to use it until it is empty.  I toss it and start all over with something else.  When I find something I really like, I tend to stick with it.  So I am a bit puzzled as to why I decided to jump in a try some of the new flavors of Chobani Greek Yogurt Flips, but I did.  And so here is my version of Empties.



These two flavors are my absolute favorites to date.  I give the Almond Coco Loco a 5 star rating!  I eat this for breakfast probably 20 days out of the month!  My second favorite is the Key Lime Crumble.  It earns a 4 ½ star rating.  I absolutely love coconut and dark chocolate, which is the only reason the Almond Coco Loco scores slightly higher.  There are 12 grams of protein in each serving.  There are 240 calories in the Almond Coco Loco and 200 calories in the Key Lim Crumble.


These three flavors are my example of trying something new.  These are the newer flavors recently introduced by Chobani.  And they are something that I normally would not have tried.  To stores and marketers, yes, shoppers will try new things that they would not have usually purchased when the price is right.

I scored these three flavors with 3 stars each.  They were good, but not quite as tasty to me.  I would buy them again if the two I mentioned above were not available. The Chipotle Pineapple was surprisingly good.  I've never been attracted to the sound of pineapple yogurt but my daughter really likes it so I decided to give it a try.  The chipotle gave it a bit of a kick.  I added 1 tablespoon of white chocolate chips and that bumped the flavor up to 4 stars.  The Sriracha Mango was also a surprise.  The Sriracha was too strong for me, so I added 1 tablespoon of white chocolate chips and that toned it down a bit.  I would still give it 3 stars.  Peanut Butter Dream was a stretch for me.  Peanut Butter and yogurt?  Not appealing to my tastes.  But I threw caution to the wind.  It was surprisingly okay, made better by 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips.  In each of these, the chips added about 70 calories to each serving.  Each flavor is a little different calorically, but it works out to 12 grams of protein and approximately 300 calories.

In the past, I have tried Coffee Break Bliss, Chocolate Haze Craze and Salted Carmel Crunch, none of which I liked or even tolerated enough to consider purchasing again. In fact, I never finished the servings and ended up tossing them out.

As far as other flavors that I haven't tried - Tropical Escape and Peachy Pistachio are possibilities.  Under the heading of "Ain't No Way" will be PB&J and Nutty For 'Nana.  I'm not a jelly person and if I can smell banana, it's already too ripe for me to eat.

Do you have favorite yogurts?

Wishing you blessings for a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment