Sunday, May 15, 2016

Being Inspired

I follow a blog called Travel Bug.  I knew from the first time I read it, that I would become a frequent follower.  We have much in common.  She and her husband Bob enjoy the RV lifestyle, as do Kim and I.  They have a 5th wheel trailer; unfortunately we are currently without one, but we are working on it.  Susan is from Oregon; we are from Washington.  People from the Pacific Northwest share a kinship regarding our rainy weather and beautiful green states.  Susan is actively involved in Volksmarching; I think about become involved in volksmarching - LOL.  I love the pictures she shares of her various walks.  And Susan likes to blog.  I do, too.
She is more consistent in her blogging than I am, and thus the topic for this particular entry.

It started with Susan's post on Why I Blog and a quote I read the same day.  The quote was "A single sentence spoken at the right time could change someone's life forever."  I've told the story many times about how a casual comment made by what I considered at the time to be a "butt-in-ski" ultimately changed my outlook on life.  While my goal is not to butt in to someone's conversation, my goal is to possibly say or write something that changes someone's life for the good.

Unfortunately, not every day am I inspired to write something wise.  Sometimes I just want to bitch about something, share a recipe or share a moment in my life.  I pepper these posts with occasional insights and words of wisdom that must be channeled from a Higher Source/Higher Power, because I know when I go back to read those words again, I'm stunned that I actually wrote them.

Anyway, all that was to say "Thank you Susan for inspiring to start blogging again." I don't know if I will have anything of interest to say, but I will be sharing photos I've taken with my new Nikon D3300, some pictures I've been painting, some recipes, our process in downsizing and getting ready to full time (or at least half time) in a new RV, and of course the antics of our grandsons.  Hopefully some words of wisdom will find their way into my posts as well.

Wishing you all blessings for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment