Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Pinterest Clean Out Continues

Here are a few of the things I tried before deciding whether to delete or save.

Greek Yogurt Cole Slaw

I found the dressing to be too sweet with the added honey.  I think I just prefer my cole slaw with the traditional mayo dressing or a chinese chicken salad dressing.  This recipe was deleted.

Cauliflower Chicken Casserole

I really liked this recipe.  Unfortunately husband did not like the added spinach.  I will make it again, minus the spinach and add some onions for additional flavor.

Sweet Potato Pie

This was okay.  We decided we preferred the taste of pumpkin pie.  This recipe was deleted.

However, just to confirm that we liked pumpkin pie better, I bought a Patty LaBelle Sweet Potato Pie.  I found this in the freezer section at Walmart after hearing about it on The Talk.  For less than $4, it was good.  But now we know....we still prefer pumpkin.

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

This is a recipe that I should deleted, but the cookies were just way too good.  Definitely a keeper.

And under the heading of Arts and Crafts, I tried versions of these projects.

Acrylic Painting Project #1

The disclaimer here is that I used just a very small canvas.  It was messy but interesting.

You start by spreading lines of paint on the canvas.


Then you pull a piece of cardboard across the canvas in a zig-zag pattern (see the link for better instructions).



I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with this.  I liked the color combinations but it was a 5 X 7 canvas and seemed rather "busy" just to hang it as is.

In honor of the large Power Ball jackpot ($900,000,000), I added a phrase and propped it up in my office.



No one won the Power Ball drawing this week; I guess I will have to add Dream Bigger.  The next drawing is to be over $1,000,000,000!

This little project left a big mess of left over paint on the newsprint that I had laid down on the table, along with a void where the canvas had been.  So I added a little more paint, laid a 4 X 6 canvas panel upside down and smeared it around.




I had seen a blog post that was similar, called Marbled Acrylic Painting.  The blog post had some very cool ideas, and the artist used a larger canvas.  I used what I had on hand.  I liked how it turned out.  I think I will add some barren trees or a girl with an umbrella, I haven't decided yet.


And finally the idea I found for hanging Christmas stockings.  As more grandchildren arrived, I was running out of stocking hangers that worked on our mantle, and I couldn't remember where I bought the five that I had from when our kids were little.  Here's the idea I found on Maison de Pax


And that is my winner for my favorite pin of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment