Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day #8 - It's A Day For Gripes

Gripe #1:  If there is a speed limit on how fast you can go, shouldn't there be a speed minimum?  Nothing like getting stuck behind someone going 35 mph on a 2 lane highway where the speed limit is 60 mph.  And of course, there was on coming traffic so I was unable to pass.  Pull over for crying out loud!

Gripe #2:  I reminded my husband this morning that it was his sister's birthday.  A few minutes later, he comes to find me, only to say, "The 8th doesn't sound right."  I said, "Well, it is.  August 8th."  Still telling me that I'm wrong, I replied, "Well, there are a lot of birthday wishes on her Facebook page."  Of course then it is, "Oh, okay.  It must be."  Yes, of course, if you read it on Facebook, it must be true, but if your wife says it, she must be wrong.

Gripe #3:  Neighborhood potlucks.  Yes, I know, I bitched about this the other day, but it is worth another mention.  I really don't want to go, but I am still working on caring what people think of me.  So I will go and bring the Paula Deen Corn Salad and hope I don't offend anyone when I leave at the first opportunity.

Now I think I shall go back and re-read my blog on Elimination Lists.


3 comments:

  1. What's your status on full-time RVing? I notice you haven't posted any blogs on your RV Page for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband is putting the carpet in, but it is a slower process than I had anticipated/hoped. The hot weather we have been having up here doesn't help. Who wants to work in a trailer when it is 90 degrees outside. Full-timing and travel has been put off until the fall of 2016. We have a grandson that is starting full day school, and the day care costs were running about $700 a month for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the after (with transportation to and from school). It was ridiculous so we offered to do before and after school care for the first year.

    And then there is the whole round and round discussion about selling the house and buying a new rig. 5th wheel or motor home? That answer depends on what we looked at last. There are pros and cons to both, and we are stuck in the loop. My goal right now is to just get the 5th wheel we have in working order, and be able to move into it once the house sells. I just keep affirming that everything is in Divine and Perfect Order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can see how you helping out with the grandson will be much appreciated. That is very expensive day care!

      Delete