Friday, August 7, 2015

Day #7 - The Elimination List

When I was teaching courses on topics such as Achieving Your Dreams, Prosperity 101, and similar subjects, I wrote a little article called The Four Be's To Abundance.  It describes a process of changing your thought patterns to a more positive outlook.  And anyone who has read any New Thought, Metaphysical, New Age (or whatever term you like to use) book or article has learned that when you consciously change your thoughts, you can change the course of your life.

If I were writing the article today, I may have added a fifth "Be" .  Be willing to eliminate things, people, memories, resentments, grudges, and other negative feelings from your life.  To eliminate them, you have to recognize them.  For me, the easiest way to recognize these types of things is to write about them, whether it is in journal form or by making lists.  You will be surprised about what things we hang on to, whether that be an item, a relationship or a feeling, even though we know it no longer matches "our vibration".

I've been re-reading Catherine Ponder's book, Open Your Mind to Prosperity.  She talks about making an elimination list as a place to start.  We need to take a look at what we are willing and wanting to release in order to create the vacuum that brings in that which we desire.

I know I have belongings (i.e. stuff and junk) that I am ready to eliminate.  I have extra pounds I'm more than ready and willing to eliminate.  And I carry some resentment regarding a situation in my past that I am really ready to eliminate.  I'm sure there is more, and I will discover more as I journal this week on the topic.

I am so ready to let loose and let go, to let go and grow, to let go and trust.

What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. We are very metaphysical and new thought. My husband, Bob, used to be a Science of Mind minister.

    Changing our thinking certainly changed our lives when we decided to sell our home and almost all our possessions and RV full time. To me, making life about travel and experiences rather than owning "things" is so much more fun. We still have to work, but our expenses are way down. Both of us manifested jobs in which we can travel up to two months per year. We love it.

    ReplyDelete