Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day #4 - Big Brother Is Watching....

Or rather, I am watching Big Brother!  I'm a little late to the game, but I have become obsessed with this reality show.  I just finished Big Brother Season 14.  It was a crazy season (it was the one where there were 4 coaches, who eventually became a part of the competition).

What I really came to write about is this:  Where do they find these people?  I assume there is an open call/audition.  They must have some algorithm that combines idiots with savants, those with integrity and those without, those who can look into your eyes and lie, and those who couldn't tell a lie to save themselves.  I think it is the social aspect that always surprises me.  A few of the things that surprised me included contestants that had never eaten hummus or guacamole.  Really?  How about the 30 year old guy that had never met a lesbian?  Or the gal that had never known a gay man?  Really?  Do they pick people that have led sheltered lives?

I'm a bit sad that I have caught up as best I can on all the seasons, without paying a ridiculous amount to watch the "All Stars" season ($45).   Season 17 is still going on, so you know where I will be Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday nights....well, technically, I record the sows and end up watching these on the following mornings because my husband can't stand reality TV.  But that's okay - I can't stand the history channel (his favorite).

With any luck, tomorrow will bring a blog entry that has more substance.


1 comment:

  1. Who needs substance? LOL. I love reality TV and my husband loves the History channel and sports.

    I watch Amazing Race (hubby DOES love this one), The Bachelor/-ette, Project Runway, America's Got Talent, Extreme Weight Loss, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, Into the Wild with Bear Grylls (never know when you might need extreme survival skills) and probably a couple of others I can't think of right now. I find them all fascinating, but I don't know how much "reality" is really involved.

    Anyway, this blog has substance, but more of a "junk food for the brain" reality.

    ReplyDelete