Monday, August 3, 2015

Day #3 - Back To Painting

I have been on a mission at home to declutter.  Kim and I are about a year away from down-sizing.  We have tried a few times to leave on an "around the USA" RV trip, but grandkids kept appearing.  As any grandparent will tell you, grandkids come first.  We put the trip on hold, and basically, it is still on hold.  However, the downsizing is going ahead full force.  I've used eBay, Craigslist, and garage sales.  (There will undoubtedly be a blog post on these experiences.)  I'm down to the last few things that I need to make a decision regarding.  And when faced with those kinds of decisions, I procrastinate.   I haven't painted anything for well over a month....until today.

Here is my first shot at painting using only a painting spatula/palette knife.  I call it "My Brain At Work"-



And here is my first attempt at painting a person.  I'm still working on the ribbon in her hair.  It looks fuzzy when you look at the painting from across the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment