Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day #2 - Crazy Dilemas

We all have those daily decisions we have to make that will neither make or break our day.  Some of these decisions are almost silly, and I have to question why I am even writing about them.  But we do all face them and I find the absurdity of it all amusing.

The other day, I was at Walmart.  I buy my favorite yogurt there - Chobani's Almond Coco-Loco.  The price is about 40 cents less than other local stores.  I enjoy this yogurt every day, so when I'm at Walmart, I try to buy at least a week's supply.  Unfortunately, this time they only had 5 containers.  To make up for it, I bought two alternative flavors.  I tolerate these flavors, but they are not my favorite.

Jump forward to this morning.  I made the PERFECT cup of coffee.  I have coffee every day, and I would not consider myself a coffee connesieur . I'm not a big fan of Tullys.  I tolerate Starbucks.  Seattle's Best and Dunkin' Donuts are better.  But regular ground coffee - think Folgers or Maxwell House or Yuban - is generally my coffee of choice.

But I digress.  I made the perfect cup of coffee this morning, with just the right amount of sweetner and cream.  And here is my dilema:  Do I honor the perfect cup of coffee but choosing one of my less favorite yogurts, or do I treat myself with my favorite yogurt to go with this fabulous cup of coffee? The consequence of the latter will be that I may end up tomorrow with a not so fabulous cup of coffee AND a not so favorite flavor of yogurt.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

And yes, I am totally aware of how blessed I am that these are the types of decisions are the ones I face.

Hope your day is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment