Sunday, May 3, 2015

The 100 Day Challenge: Day #28 - A Walk Along The Snohomish River

The other day Kim and I were out driving around checking out some spots for good photo opportunities.  We'd been driving out Foster Slough Road, and made our way to Ebey Island, when I spotted what looked to be a trail head just under the Hewitt Avenue/Hwy 2 Trestle.  It had a small parking area and there was a posted notice that you had to have a Discover Pass to park there.  Of course, our Discover Pass (annual pass to Washington State Parks) was in the other vehicle.  I had occasionally seen people walking along the levee but this was the first time we figured out how to get there.   So this morning, Discover Pass in hand, we drove back and down and took a stroll.   Here are some shots from along the river.  



















The trail, as far as I know - and I asked a few people along the way, is not named.  It is about 1.5 miles from end to end.  There are no facilities there.  I was glad I elected not to have my coffee before we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment