Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The 100 Day Challenge: Day 3 - Tip Toe Through The Tulips

We drove up to Skagit County to view the tulips.  The routes are well marked.  We saw fields and fields of this:


What?????  The Sunday paper just had a write up on how the fields were in bloom and what a wonderful drive it was.  Today is only Wednesday!  How could the fields be bare in just 3 days.  We drove quite a few miles, up one road, down another.  Then finally......


Lesson learned:  Next year, go the week BEFORE there is a write up in the paper.  I have now started following the Visit Skagit Valley Facebook Page  and hopefully next year we will have a chance to make the drive and see the many fields from the road as well as getting out to walk in the fields at Roozengaarde or Tulip Town.  The drive is free.  If you want to get out and take pictures in the fields, be prepared to pay about $5 for parking.

Here are some more pictures of the fields.











I even talked my husband into a picture.  

But I do have to ask, who leaves a shoe in the middle of a muddy field?

This visit to the tulip fields was on my bucket list.  I'm glad I talked the husband into coming with me.  I won't check this experience off my list until we've made the drive and seen field after field of daffodils and tulips.  Maybe next year.

1 comment: