Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pinterest: Pancakes and Pork Chops

Cooking, for me, is a chore - not an enjoyment.  The easier the recipe, the better for me.  I've given up most of my cookbooks in favor of Pinterest.  Unfortunately with Pinterest, it really is hit or miss.

First up is a hit!  Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Pancake Rolls!  Oh, so yummy.  They come from the Crazy For Crust Blog.  Fair warning:  This makes a whole lotta pancakes, but that can be frozen and reheated.  I would include pictures, but we ate them up before it occurred to me.  The rest are in the freezer, and really who wants to see a ziplock bag of frozen pancakes.

And speaking of pancakes, how the heck do you cook them so that the bottoms look as nice as the tops?  I was always told to flip the pancakes when the top is filled with bubbles.  But if you do that, then the other side comes out less than pretty.  If you flip them before the bubbles, it either makes a mess or the insides don't get cooked.  I guess it is a good thing neither husband nor I are big on presentation.

Now for the Pork Chops.  I consider these neither a hit nor a miss.  For me, simmering the pork chops for 40 minutes was way too long.  They came out very tough.  I'd have cut the time in half, and checked for doneness.  That said, the sauce/gravy was really good.  I did have to add twice the amount of corn starch to get it to thicken, but it turned out.  I think I'd like to try this with chicken.  The recipe, called Drunken Pork Chops, comes from Siggy Spice.  Hey, it's made with beer - how bad can it be!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment