Thursday, September 18, 2014

Greek Marinated Chicken Recipe

I found this recipe on Pinterest (pinned from the website budgetbytes.com)

Mix together until well blended:

1 cup plain yogurt (I used greek yogurt)
2 TBSP olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
the zest of a medium lemon
juice from one half of the lemon
¼ bunch fresh parsley (I used about 2 tbsp dried parsley)

Pour into a gallon ziplock bag.

Add 3-4 lbs chicken pieces.  (I used 4 thighs and 2 breasts - skin on, bone in)

Seal the ziplock bag and moosh everything around until each piece of chicken is well coated.  Open the bag and remove as much air as possible, then reseal.  Place bag in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Pour chicken and marinade into a greased 9 X 13 pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes.  (I did 60 minutes because the breasts were pretty big.  If I were just using thighs, I probably would have just done 45 minutes.)

This recipe was well received by the whole family.  I still prefer grilling my skin on/bone in chicken coated with just olive oil and a little salt and pepper, but this is a nice little change.  I will be using this recipe probably once a month or so.  Would be great for company!

No comments:

Post a Comment