Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reality TV - Are You A Fan?

I wasn't.  I didn't understand why anyone would watch Survivor or The Bachelor or The Amazing Race or The Apprentice.  My kids were young when these programs started, and I just didn't have the time to get involved.  I swore I would never watch.

Then I found out that my boss's sister was one of the competitors on The Apprentice, and damn, if I wasn't drug in to the world of Reality TV.  First The Apprentice, then America's Next Top Model, then Project Runway.  That was it.  I was done.

But what was it about The Amazing Race that it was always winning the Emmy for Best Reality TV Show.  Okay, one more. Survivor?  Better make it two more.

But wait, what was it with The Kardashians?  American Idol?  The Voice? And then after getting hooked on The View, I had to find out what Big Brother was about.

We won't even begin to talk about those few ones that I occasionally watch while flipping channels, like Duck Dynasty, Love It Or List It, House Hunters International, Joan Knows Best.

Oh God help me! How the hell did this happen?  I've become a Reality TV junkie....sort of.  It is bad enough that I am a TV fanatic, but to add all these Reality TV shows into my viewing schedule, it is embarrassing.  What is even more embarrassing is that reason for this post is that I am so bummed that one of my favorite contestants on Big Brother was voted off this week.  And I needed an outlet to express my sadness.  This is pretty sad, indeed.


2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I'm a big reality TV fan. Have watched Amazing Race since it began. Also watch Project Runway, Shark Tank, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, America's Next Top Model, What Not to Wear, Extreme Weight Loss, My Cat from Hell, Biggest Loser, Survivor, Hoarders, America's Got Talent and there's probably a couple more.

    Once in a while I watch Treehouse Masters and Tanked. Gave up Big Brother and never watched the Kardashians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I had forgotten about Biggest Loser - they are just amazing. I was always afraid my daughter would turn me over to What Not To Wear. LOL. Hoarders scared me, and inspired me to get rid of stuff. Don't get started on the Kardashians....You would just find yourself sitting there scratching your head wondering, why the heck am I watching this? And do I really care?

    ReplyDelete