Sunday, August 10, 2014

Let Loose...

Let go, and let God handle it.  If it (and "it" could be a job, a home, a husband or wife, an item, a business, etc) is yours by Divine Right, then it is yours, and no one can take it from you.  This morning, I read an essay by Emmet Fox.  In it, he talked about the phraseology of The Ten Commandments.  Where the common/usual version says "Thou Shalt Not....", Fox suggests that the true meaning was "You Can Not". He goes on to say that if we have our minds on The Christ (which as Jesus taught means the divinity within us ), then no one can lie, steal, kill, covet, anything that is ours by Divine Right.  If our thoughts are so focused on the positive and loving aspects of life, and we have that deep intimate faith that the Master Teacher Jesus spoke of, then nothing can go wrong.

If you are anything like me, your daily prayers may include, "Lord, help to me understand how to have that kind faith!  I'm pretty tired of muddling through life wondering what the heck happened."

At one point, I had a job I absolutely loved.  It was "work" I enjoyed doing. (Note:  I used the quotes to signify that if it is something you love doing, it really isn't work at all, is it?)  I was well paid.  There were many benefits that I received.  When I took the job, I had a feeling it would be about a five year gig.  And then it would be time to move on and do something else.  I just knew this in my heart. Five years came and went.  I loved this job and couldn't imagine doing anything else.  However, the longer I stayed, the less enjoyable it became.  It became stressful.  There were changes going on that didn't sit right with me, but I really loved the work.  I began to worry about everything associated with the job.  And then, all of a sudden, I was fired.  I was upset.  I was scared.  I was embarrassed.  I knew I had done a wonderful job.  I had been an asset to the company.  I also knew I had been getting that nudge from Spirit - it's been five years; it's time to move on.  I finally realized that this was one of those blessings in disguise.  However, my ego was having quite a time dealing with it all.  Even to this day, the whole thing still jumps up and hits me in the gut from time to time.

What I finally realized this morning was that if that job was mine by Divine Right, it could not have been taken from me.  You can not steal.  Was that job no longer mine because my thoughts had shifted to fear and worry.  Or was that job no longer mine because it was just time to move on (and I had not taken the steps on my own)?  Who knows.  What I do know is that in letting loose of the job, letting go of my hurt and anger, and letting God take care of me, I am now happily retired, enjoying my grandkids, exploring the USA in our RV, and loving life

So to my friends and family, and those of you reading this who don't know me from Adam - if that job, that relationship, that car, that fill in the blank is yours by Divine Right - it is yours!  If not, something better will come to you if you keep your mind focused on a positive outcome.  Out of all situations only good (God) can come.  And so it is.

1 comment: