Sunday, June 15, 2014

Problem Solving

I stumbled on this method for problem solving while reading Norman Vincent Peale's The Power Of Positive Thinking.  I've used variations on this technique before, with good results.  This version just appealed to me today, so I am sharing it.

Take a wire basket or box, and tape to it a 3 X 5 card on which you have written "With God, all things are possible."

If you are struggling with finances, into this box goes all your bills.

If you are wanting a raise at work, into this box goes your pay stubs.

If you are having a challenge with a legal matter, into this basket goes any correspondence or paperwork related to the matter.

If you are having a struggle with a problem that you haven't been able to solve, write it out and deposit it in the basket.

Remember that with God's help, all things are possible.   There is nothing that is too large or too small for Divine Intelligence to handle.

You, of course, must do your part as well.  Be responsible.  Pay your bills as you can.  Prioritize them.  Call your creditors and let them know you are doing your best to resolve the debt.  Ask your employer for a raise, and be ready to justify why you are deserving.  Pray for the perfect outcomes.  Let the Universe surprise you with miraculous ways in which your problems can be resolved.  Try not to pre-determine how you think the results should come.  Be open and receptive to new opportunities for growth, and divine intervention.

For me and my wire basket, God is handling the sudden onslaught of bills for my upcoming surgery, my husband's dental work, the annual homeowner's insurance policy, the cost of some tree trimming, and replacing the flooring (which is showing signs of rot) in our fifth wheel trailer.  I continue to affirm with confidence that God is the Source of my supply, and I know that with God, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment