Thursday, June 5, 2014

Camping in Leavenworth, WA

Technically, I would say we are RVing.  For me, camping means a tent and sleeping bags, or at the most boondocking with no services - OK, I'd say if it just had water at the site, I would still call it camping.

At any rate, we are up in the mountains, near Lake Wenatchee, Washington.  The weather is warm.  Life is good.  We are only here for four days.

Musings:

There was a brochure for whale watching at the local Safeway Store.  If you ever watched the old Arsenio Hall shows, this could be filed under the category of "Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm"

When there are "Bear Sitings signs" posted along the nature trails, it makes you think twice about walking along that trail.  It's a good thing I'm just fine with sitting and reading.

Although I am enjoying the forested outdoor setting, I'm not enjoying the bugs/mosquitoes (and it is not even really mosquito season yet).  And I miss my DirecTV!  We are not getting a signal.  Yes, I'm whining....

And speaking of wine, I saw one of the following on Facebook this morning, and one in a window of a wine shop in Leavenworth.

"If you have to ask if it's too early to drink wine, you are an amateur, and I'm sorry, we can't be friends."

"How much whine would a wine drinker whine if I wine drinker couldn't drink wine?"

The answer to the last question is "A Lot!"  I left my cork screw at home!  Good thing my husband brought extra Coronas and a bottle of gin!

A candid shot of Kim enjoying retirement!


No comments:

Post a Comment