Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I try to start each day with a little spiritual renewal time for myself.  One of the books I read each day is 365 Saints: Your Daily Guide To The Widsom And Wonder Of Their Lives  by Woodeene Koenig-Bricker.  Although I am not Catholic, I became fascinated with the idea that your every-day, normal (well that's debatable), regular folk could be inspired and then become inspiring.  I have found that many times it is just a casual comment someone makes, or a little snippet you read in a book, that just clicks.  It turns out to be the key that unlocks a puzzle that you may have been struggling with.  My spiritual path started that way (and continues to do so) with a casual comment a woman made to me many years ago. After over-hearing a conversation I was having with someone else, she leaned over to me and said, "You really should read Catherine Ponder's The Dynamic Laws Of Prosperity."  At the time, I did not take her advice too kindly.  Fast forward a few months, and as I am wandering around a used book store, take one guess which book fell off the shelf and hit me on the hit.  Yep - good old Catherine Ponder.  I took it as a sign, and read the book.  It started me off on a path that there was no way I could have seen coming.

The entry for January 1st from Woodeene Koenig-Bricker's 365 Saints book says:

"….As we begin a new year, let us resolve to accept with joy the twists and turns life brings us.  Let us open our hearts to the wonder of each new day and trust that our lives are unfolding the way they ought."

Did someone say twists and turns?  From that day in the bookstore through the present, I've had so many twists and turns I should be puking from motion sickness.  I'm happy to say that the blessings have far outweighed the losses.  However, even those losses have turned out to be blessings in disguise.

Woodeene ends her entry for the day with the following affirmation:  "Today, and everyday, I will trust in the goodness and wisdom of life."

And I do!

(Side note:  The journalling question that accompanies the entry is "Do I have to be in control of everything?"  Oy vey, do I really need to answer that?  That's a therapy session in and of itself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment