Sunday, January 5, 2014

Getting From "Oh Crap" to "Holy Shit"

You know you are gaining ground on your spiritual path when you find yourself with a mixture of "Ah-ha" and "Holy Shit" moments.  The Ah-ha moments are when you read or hear or think of something that just clicks, and the flood gates open, and you all of a sudden understand a little bit of how the Universe works.  The Holy Shit moments are what Metaphysicians and New Thought Teachers (yes, I know, they are basically the same thing) call a "demonstration".  I call them Holy Shit moments because when they happen, the first thing you think is, "Holy Shit, this stuff really works!"

I've had my fair share of both kinds of moments.  And the "Crap" moments that come in-between.  Those are what we optimists call "Opportunities For Growth".  Makes you want to gag, doesn't it? However, it is okay to call a spade a spade.  Those opportunistic moments usually suck, big time.  And it is very hard when you are right in the middle of it to remember what to do to shift to the place of Ah-ha, and then wait for your demonstration.  But if you practice, it will happen.

When I first started studying New Thought/metaphysical techniques, it took a lot of reading and studying, but I finally made my first big demonstration.  I manifested the money to attend a class in San Diego that I really wanted to take.  From there, I went on to demonstrate a dream job that allowed me to work at home and that paid very well, all expense paid travel to very cool places, and the opportunity to teach and be of service.  For five plus years, I was experiencing Heaven On Earth.

And then …. wait for it …. (cue the music) da-da-da-duh.  Crap!  I got fired, let go, released, freed to explore new opportunities.  Whatever you want to call it, it sucked.  Luckily, I remembered what I had learned.  I affirmed, over and over and over, "Out of this situation, only good can come."

And it did.  It wasn't instantaneous; it took time.  I had a lot of personal anger and issues to work through, but eventually I got there.  I'm back experiencing the Heaven On Earth.  I'm retired.  I've reached Critical Mass.  For the last four years, I've got to spend unlimited time with my grandsons.  And now in 2014, my husband and I are getting ready to travel in our RV, and hope to see large parts of our wonderful country over the next few years.

It's a New Year.  Are you finding yourself wanting to get from Crap to Ah-ha to Holy Shit?  The path is different for everyone.  I really can't tell you how to do it.  I can, and will, share some books and teachers and ideas that helped me.  You will have to take your first step on your own path.  I think one of the big keys to help you jump start the process is to trust your instincts.  When you read, hear or think something that is totally right for you, you will know it!  And when you read, hear or think something that doesn't click with you, you will know it!  Trust your gut.  What works for one, does not always work for another.  And that's okay.  All paths lead to the same destination, eventually.

Here are some authors in general and specific books that I found helpful.  Perhaps you will too.  If you are not a "church" person, and I'm not either, don't get too hung up on the use of the word "God" in many of these books.  Either find another term that you can relate to, such as Spirit or Divine Intelligence or Unconditional Love, or just get past passed over it.  Personally, I find the idea of The Force from the Star Wars movies a good substitute.

Authors:

Emmet Fox
Florence Scovel Shinn
Catherine Ponder

Books:

The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz
The Jesuit Guide To (Almost) Everything by Father James Martin
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
Creating True Prosperity by Shakti Gawain

Wishing you all the best in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment