Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Blahs...Not The Yada, Yada, Yada Kind

I've been in a slump recently. Not sure why - just feeling blah about most things. So I pulled out books by some of my favorite inspirational authors. I found this gem from Florence Scovel Shinn this morning:

 "I am now immune to all hurt and resentment. My poise is built upon a rock, the Christ Within."

While hurt and resentment are not always at the forefront of my consciousness every day, I know I have things to work on - to let loose and let go of. I closed my eyes and just repeated that affirmation a few times. When I opened my eyes, I was rewarded with a few of multiple birds at my feeders, and the morning sun shining on the greenery of the trees and the bushes - all different depths and shapes of beautiful color against a gorgeous blue sky. Thank you Universe for this lovely gift. I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment