Friday, August 17, 2012

Infomercials - A Blessing Or A Curse?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who succumbs to late night infomercials and home shopping channels.  I've bought my fair share of things that I don't really need, and never use.  However, I've also bought things with which I am really happy.  The furniture mover thingamajigs and Bare Minerals are a few of those items. 

My most recent purchase has been the Sensa Weight Loss Sprinkles.  So far, I'm not sure where I stand on this product yet. 

I am on week 3, and I am down at least 3 lbs - so that part is good.  When I am at home, I generally remember to use the sprinkles on my food.  You get a "salty" sprinkle for food that would use salt, and a "sweet" sprinkle for foods that are sweet.  It does not alter the taste of the food.  There is a sweet smell to the the "sweet" sprinkle, but I haven't noticed anything with the salty sprinkle.  It's when I am eating out that I tend to forget to use it, even though I have the spare shaker in my purse.

I do notice I am hungrier than usual, but I'm generally not gaining any weight.  They recommend weighing once a week, but I do once a day.  I do this more because it helps me to tell which foods my body tolerates well and which foods don't agree with me weight wise.

The instructions say that you do not have to alter your diet or change the amount of exercise you do.  Obviously, if you decrease calories and increase exercise, you are going to lose weight anyway.  I was having very good results with that, but it took so much time keeping track of caloric intake.  I was willing to let that part go in exchange for trying the Sensa.  Unfortunately for me, giving up the exercise does not appear to be an option.

I'm using sparkpeople.com to track my weight, measurements and exercise.  I didn't really make note of exactly where I was when I started the Sensa, so I will start now.  This morning, on what I believe is week 3, I was 164.6 lbs.  I do my best to walk 4-5 miles each day for exercise.

My goal here is to lose about 30 lbs in 4 - 6 months.  Keeping my fingers crossed, and my Sensa shaker close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment