Friday, August 17, 2012

Contacts to Cataracts - The Finale

At my 3 week final post op visit, my vision was 20/15.  I do need reading glasses, but I can get them at the drug store or any big box type store.  The reason people in my age group need readers is that our eye muscles become weak and our vision does not adjust from distance to up close reading quick enough.  This is something that comes with age and there is not much that can be done.  I did have the option of a type of replacement lens that was akin to tri-focals.  I never could be used to bifocals, much less trifocals, so I elected not to have that type of lens.  The readers are not a problem for me.

The biggest gripe would be remembering to use the drops, but I quickly forgot all about it once I was through - kind of like pain from childbirth.

I am beyond thrilled with the results of this surgery! I would highly recommend it to anyone who has cataracts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment