Saturday, June 30, 2012

Blog Update - For What It's Worth.....

I just spent the afternoon going through the blog and editting out my experiences with HCG and Atkins.  I am learning by experience that the old school approach - watch your calories and your fat intake, and increase your exercise, really does work best.  I don't like it, but it works and I am happy with the results.  I've been using a website called www.sparkpeople.com and have found it quite useful.

Grandkids update:  Our grandsons are now in their 2s - Lord help us!  I'd forgotten what this age was like.  We are expecting another grandson in October.  Our "honorary grandson" (sounds better than step grandson) will be entering middle school next year.  How the heck did that happen?

As far as me - well, I'm enjoying retirement.  We are doing some work around the house, painting, cleaning, reorganizing.  I had cataract surgery on my left eye last week.  In 2 more weeks, I'll have the right eye done.  There will be more on this experience later.  I'm considering closing my Facebook account - even typing it sounds like such a corny thing to get my panties in a knot over, but I waste a whole lot of time there.  I'd rather be writing.....or that's what my brain says.  Stand by - we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I was also doing the HCG diet, it was so hard though! I started to wonder if the drops made me lose weight or if just starving myself was the reason the weight came off. I stopped the drops a week later. And, yes Sparks people is a great site!
    Http://thedollarmonger.com

    ReplyDelete