Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe Collection: Baked Celery


Who knew Baked Celery was an okay side dish.  The original is from the HCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook.  I left out the hot pepper flakes because we don't like them, and the bay leaf because I didn't have any - I substituted Italian Seasoning blend. 
Baked Celery

1 1/2 cups sliced celery
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp lemon juice (I used the juice of 1/2 lemon)
1 tbsp Braggs
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
A generous dash of Italian Seasoning blend
Salt and Pepper to taste

Slice celery and put in a  baking dish.  Combine other ingredients and pour over celery.  Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes.  Top with paprika and additional salt and pepper if desired.

This makes approximately 2 servings.....or 1 huge serving, which would be way more celery than I would want to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment