1. My faith in God.
2. My husband, Kim.
3. Our 3 kids, Tim, Ryan and Erin.
4. Our 3 grandkids, Trystan, Odin and Alex.
5. Our SIL Tom and DIL Patty.
6. My parents and the way I was raised.
7. Kim's parents and the way he was raised.
8. Our extended familes.
9. Our friends.
10. Our lifestyle (retired and living off investments)
11. The generosity of relatives who have crossed over.
13. My great money manager/investment advisor.
14. My healthy thyroid.
15. My normal eye pressure.
16. Living back in our house
17. That first cup of coffee each morning
18. A winning lottery scratch ticket ($20 - yay) (another $30 ticket too).
19. The safety of my family and friends who have had to be out on the road during this winter storm.
20 The warmer weather.
21. The utility service workers (and all service workers - police, fire fighters, hospital employees, etc) that worked so hard during this winter blast.
22. Our Tempurpedic mattress and a good night's sleep.
23. Hanging on to the book, My Life With The Saints, by James Martin, because I am really enjoying it now. (At one point, it was in the to-donate pile)
24. That Kim cleaned out a space for me to set up my Gazelle so I can exercise in the morning.
25. All the travel I got to do in a previous job role.
26. My spiritual teachers, past, present and future.
27. Living in and being a citizen of the USA.
1. Today and everyday, I trust in the wisdom and goodness of life.
2. God is the source of my supply.
3. I am prosperous.
4. I am rich beyond measure.
5. I always have more than enough.
6. The more I have, the more I have to give.
7. I love to tithe in the thousands of dollars.
8. I am healthy, wealthy and wise.
9. I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
10. I am filled with creative ideas.
11. I am a witty and prolific writer.
12. I vibrate at a level of joy and bliss.
13. There is only Divine Truth.
14. I fully and freely forgive and forget.
15. Every day, in every way, things are getting better and better.
16. Wherever I am, God is and all is well.
17. Out of this situation, only good can come.
18. I am perfect just the way I am.
19. I collaborate with God to bring peace, joy and laughter into all of my experiences.
20. I am divinely inspired in all that I do.
21. I trust in my divine guidance.
22. I am open and receptive to new ideas and new opportunities for growth.
23. I am a positive role model for those around me.
24. I am growing more spiritually aware each and every day.
25. All my needs and desires are divinely met.
26. I am moving step by step toward a healthier happier me.
27. Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.
28. I am slender and fit.
Be Clear (about your desires)
1. to be happy today,
2. to be healthy today.
3. to be wealthy today.
4. to be wise today.
5. to have a normal body mass index for my height, in a healthy fashion.
6. to pay off our mortgage.
7. to pay off our equity loan.
8. to remodel the kitchen
9. to get a new kitchen appliances
10. to upgrade our electrical panel.
11. to finish painting inside the house (the living room, entry, hallway, master bedroom and downstairs plus ceilings).
12. to paint the exterior of the house.
13. for the weather to warm up. 60 degrees would be nice for January :)
14. to fix the front porch and entry where the concrete is sinking and cracked.
15. to fix the bulkhead at the side of the house.
16. to have no snow or ice here in Snohomish for the rest of the winter.
17. to have 20/20 vision without the use of contacts or glasses.
18. a soaking tub.
19. new windows
20. new shades for the windows
21. new windshield for my car.
22. a bookcase for my office.
23. to write a novel that people will enjoy reading.
24. to exercise every day (I'm hoping this will motivate me!) (3 days in a row!)
25. to gift my kids enough money so they can pursue their dreams.
26. a 10-20 acre compound where we (Kim and I, and each of our kids and their families) have separate homes - close but not too close.
27. a new Subaru wagon/SUV
28. a Bose Sound System
Be Prepared (in your spending plan)
Today I have $28,000. $2800 tithe. $2800 savings. $22,400 toward goal #25.
Today's affirmation: "I am slender and physically fit."
To be honest, I'm not sure what my motivation is here in regards to this affirmation. I want to look good, but why? Is it vanity? Or is it some deeply imbedded human desire just to look pleasing to others? I am struggling with this because I know just reaching a goal weight will not make me happy, other than for the few moments following the time I get off the scale. What is it about us that wants to look good. And is it looking good to ourselves, to our partners, to others? I'm in my mid-50s. I've been married for greater than 30 years. It's not like I'm out there, hoping somebody will be checking me out. Most of the time I would prefer to be invisible.
I have friends and loved ones of all shapes and sizes. I'm not attracted to them because of how they look. I am attracted to them because of who they are, because we get along, maybe we share the same interests, and most definitely because they make me laugh. I am pretty certain they feel the same way about me.
So back to why do I want to be slender and fit. Well, from a health perspective, it is better for your body to be fit, that's a no-brainer. Skinny and obese are two opposite ends of the spectrum, both of which are unhealthy in the long run. Maybe it is the term 'slender' that is getting to me. Is slender just this side of skinny? Is obsessing on the physical appearance just as unhealthy as being skinny or obese?
Maybe if I focus on just being physically fit, the rest will follow just as it should.