Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23 Four Be's To Abundance

I am grateful for:

1. My faith in God.
2. My husband, Kim.
3. Our 3 kids, Tim, Ryan and Erin.
4. Our 3 grandkids, Trystan, Odin and Alex.
5. Our SIL Tom and DIL Patty.
6. My parents and the way I was raised.
7. Kim's parents and the way he was raised.
8. Our extended familes.
9. Our friends.
10. Our lifestyle (retired and living off investments)
11. The generosity of relatives who have crossed over.
12. The 10 lbs I've lost on the shortened hcg protocol.
13. My great money manager/investment advisor.
14. My healthy thyroid.
15. My normal eye pressure.
16. Living back in our house
17. That first cup of coffee each morning
18. A winning lottery scratch ticket ($20 - yay).
19. The safety of my family and friends who have had to be out on the road during this winter storm.
20 The warmer weather.
21. The utility service workers (and all service workers - police, fire fighters, hospital employees, etc) that worked so hard during this winter blast.
22. Our Tempurpedic mattress and a good night's sleep.
23.  Hanging on to the book, My Life With The Saints, by James Martin, because I am really enjoying it now.  (At one point, it was in the to-donate pile)

Be Positive:

1. Today and everyday, I trust in the wisdom and goodness of life.
2. God is the source of my supply.
3. I am prosperous.
4. I am rich beyond measure.
5. I always have more than enough.
6. The more I have, the more I have to give.
7. I love to tithe in the thousands of dollars.
8. I am healthy, wealthy and wise.
9. I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
10. I am filled with creative ideas.
11. I am a witty and prolific writer.
12. I vibrate at a level of joy and bliss.
13. There is only Divine Truth.
14. I fully and freely forgive and forget.
15. Every day, in every way, things are getting better and better.
16. Wherever I am, God is and all is well.
17. Out of this situation, only good can come.
18. I am perfect just the way I am.
19. I collaborate with God to bring peace, joy and laughter into all of my experiences.
20. I am divinely inspired in all that I do.
21. I trust in my divine guidance.
22. I am open and receptive to new ideas and new opportunities for growth.
23.  I am a positive role model for those around me.

Be Clear (about your desires)

I desire:

1. to be happy today,
2. to be healthy today.
3. to be wealthy today.
4. to be wise today.
5. to have a normal body mass index for my height, in a healthy fashion.
6. to pay off our mortgage.
7. to pay off our equity loan.
8. to remodel the kitchen
9. to get a new kitchen appliances
10. to upgrade our electrical panel.
11. to finish painting inside the house (the living room, entry, hallway, master bedroom and downstairs plus ceilings).
12. to paint the exterior of the house.
13. for the weather to warm up. 60 degrees would be nice for January :)
14. to fix the front porch and entry where the concrete is sinking and cracked.
15. to fix the bulkhead at the side of the house.
16. to have no snow or ice here in Snohomish for the rest of the winter.
17. to have 20/20 vision without the use of contacts or glasses.
18. a soaking tub.
19. new windows
20. new shades for the windows
21. new windshield for my car.
22. a bookcase for my office.
23.  to write a novel that people will enjoy reading.


Be Prepared (in your spending plan)

Today I have $23,000.  $2300 tithe.  $2300 savings. $2800 to finish painting the exterior of the house.  $15,600 toward new windows.

The Four Be's To Abundance plan was  divinely given to me as a 22 day plan.  I have been doing this program for about 2 years now.  Recently, I began to notice that on day 23 until the end of the month, I felt like something was missing in my day to day life.  I still got up and journalled, but my attitude throughout the day was different.  I was missing my time with affirmations, and the attitude of gratitude.  Therefore, I have extended the program to include all the days in the month.  The Four Be's were becoming my role model.

Today's affirmation is "I am a positive role model for those around me."  We generally learn in two ways as my grandsons have reminded me.  One by experience - if you touch a hot stove, your fingers get burned.  The other by observing  - if you turn that door knob, the door opens.  How many times have adults told young children, "Don't touch the stove" but the kids do it anyway.  They learn.  Have you ever explained to a child that when you turn the door knob in the right direction, the door will open.  I know I never did, and my kids all learned to open doors on their own.  My grandsons are learning this behavior now, but still I will not verbally explain to them how to do it.  Generally, if the door is closed, it is because I don't want them in that room, or out that door.  Their next learning experience may well be when Grandma says do not open the door, and you do it anyway, there are consequences.

I was very blessed to have parents that were both positive role models for me for a number of reasons.  I want to be a positive role model for my kids and grandkids.  There comes a time when telling/nagging/preaching to your kids does no good.  They will learn more by observing you - both what works and unfortunately what doesn't work.  They observe things like random acts of kindness, budgeting your finances, making responsible decisions.  They also observe the stuff you don't want them to as well, such as cussing out some of the idiot drivers on the road or driving over the speed limit.  And LOL - that's when the phrase "Do what I say, not what I do" comes in handy - not that it works, but we say it anyway.

My husband has a phrase he likes to quote "No one is totally useless.  They can always serve as the bad example."  I've been the bad example before and I didn't like it much.  Now I aspire and affirm to be something better. 

I am a positive role model for those around me.



No comments:

Post a Comment