Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14 Four Be's To Abundance

Be Grateful

I am grateful for:

1. My faith in God.
2. My husband, Kim.
3. Our 3 kids, Tim, Ryan and Erin.
4. Our 3 grandkids, Trystan, Odin and Alex.
5. Our SIL Tom and DIL Patty.
6. My parents and the way I was raised.
7. Kim's parents and the way he was raised.
8. Our extended familes.
9. Our friends.
10. Our lifestyle (retired and living off investments)
11. The generosity of relatives who have crossed over.
12. The 10 lbs I've lost on the shortened hcg protocol.
13. My great money manager/investment advisor.
14.  My healthy thyroid.

Be Positive:

1. Today and everyday, I trust in the wisdom and goodness of life.
2. God is the source of my supply.
3. I am prosperous.
4. I am rich beyond measure.
5. I always have more than enough.
6. The more I have, the more I have to give.
7. I love to tithe in the thousands of dollars.
8. I am healthy, wealthy and wise.
9. I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
10. I am filled with creative ideas.
11. I am a witty and prolific writer.
12. I vibrate at a level of joy and bliss.
13. There is only Divine Truth.
14.  I fully and freely forgive and forget.

Be Clear (about your desires)

I desire

1. to be happy today,
2. to be healthy today.
3. to be wealthy today.
4. to be wise today.
5. to have a normal body mass index for my height, in a healthy fashion.
6. to pay off our mortgage.
7. to pay off our equity loan.
8. to remodel the kitchen
9. to get a new kitchen appliances
10. to upgrade our electrical panel.
11. to finish painting inside the house (the living room, entry, hallway, master bedroom and downstairs plus ceilings).
12. to paint the exterior of the house.
13. for the weather to warm up.
14. to fix the front porch and entry where the concert is sinking and cracked.

Be Prepared (in your spending plan)

Today I have $14,000.  $1400 tithe.  $1400 savings.  The remaining $11,200 will go toward paying off the mortgage.

Today's affirmation:  "I fully and freely forgive, and forget."   Forgiveness is not about condoning actions.  Forgiveness is about not allowing what someone else has said or done affect your ability to feel unconditional love for yourself or others.  Forgiveness is about not letting what happened then create negative feelings in the now.  More simply put, forgiveness is the action that changes your feelings toward a person or situation from anger or hurt to neutrality or better. 

I'm not sure there is a way to describe "how to forgive" - it just sort of happens.  Sometimes it takes a long time just to happen.  Other times it happens in an instant.  You know that true forgiveness has occurred when you think about the situation/person, and your emotions are not yanked right back into feelings of hurt and anger.  I have shared before in this blog about an abusive relationship I was part of in my young adult years.  Eventually I removed myself from that relationship, but it was close to 30 years before I could think about this person and not get jerked back into the feelings of hurt and anger.  Those feelings waffled between "what was wrong with me that I deserved to be emotionally or physically abused" at one end to "that son of bitch treated me like shit".  I could angry at myself, at him, at his family (abuse I believe is a learned pattern), or all of us. 

At some point, I apparently had done enough work on my spiritual self that it occurred to me that all this anger really hurt no one but me.  And I did not want to hurt me.  I wanted to be free of this yucky feeling about something that happened so long ago.  I decided then that I was going to allow myself to forget about all the awful things in that relationship, and remember instead just the funny things.  And somehow, by the grace of God I guess, I just quit thinking about it, and suddenly thinking back on the whole experience, I no longer felt pain, hurt or anger.  It happened.  I survived.  I am who I am today because of that experience.  I fully and freely forgive and forget.  The forget part is forgetting the pain and the hurt as well.  It's okay to remember the lesson.  I won't allow myself to get into that type of relationship again, that's for sure.  But emotionally, by forgetting the pain, I'm allowing myself to be happy.

Now I just have to work on forgiving and forgetting the comment my sister in law made about my Reebok tennis shoes about 12 years ago.  I think it is time to let that one go as well.

The journey continues as I fully and freely forgive and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment