Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another New Year - Another Do Over

Do you remember last year's resolutions or intentions?  Did you follow through?  I know I intended to exercise every day, but I didn't.  I know I intended to reach my goal weight, but I didn't.  I know I intended to write every day, but I didn't.  In 2012, I do believe my intention will be to do better than I did in 2011.

One of the things I did follow through on was my daily personal time.  My mother called it her "devotion time".  I, of course, can't use that term because it would make me even more like my mother.  I'm already wearing her jeans  (so to speak), wrapping my checkbooks together with rubber bands, not having desserts in the house because I can't not eat them, and I look just like her.  Not that it's a bad thing, but I do want to be somewhat different.  But I digress....  My personal time includes reading a chapter or entry in a few books on spiritual topics, some journalling and meditation.

A few years ago, I wrote an essay called The Four Be's To Abundance.  It detailed a process of journalling about being grateful, being positive in your mental thoughts, being clear about your desires and being prepared.  Last year, I followed that process every day (even though the original essay called for just 22 days a month).  And I have to tell you, I had a pretty darn good year.  There was the RV toilet disaster last summer, and it was chilly and rainy in Phoenix while we were in December, but that really was about it.  I have no complaints.  Still, I know there is the potential for things to be even better.  And I'm working on it.

For me, if it becomes a matter of habit, I am pretty much assured of success at some point.  Of course what the Universe considers success, and what I consider success can be two different things.  The Universe sees the blessings in all that happens.  I have tunnel vision most of the time. 

The habits I will cultivate this year include writing everyday.  I'll start with the habit of a daily blog entry and hopefully will be inspired to continue writing the novel I started in March 2009.  I was going to add in exercising at least 5 days a week, but honestly I'm not ready to commit to that just yet.  I may add that part in once my rec room is cleared out of stuff, the exercise equipment set up, and/or the weather warms up so I won't find excuses on why I can't walk on any given day.  In the meantime, I will write something each day, and I will continue with the Four Be's.

For those of you that may be interested, here is the link to the Four Be's To Abundance essay:

http://betsysblahblahblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/four-bes-to-abundance.html

Today, I will share my first entry, and probably a few more just as an example.  From there on out, I will probably share only bits and pieces because like all journal entries, most of it is pretty personal.  At least this will give you an idea how it works..

I am grateful for my faith in the Creator/God.

Today and every day, I will trust in the goodness and wisdom of life. (Woodene Koenig-Bricker)

I desire to be happy today.

Today I have $1000.  I will spend it in this way.  $100 tithe, $100 to savings, $800 for my mortgage payment this month.

So Happy New Year to all.  Here's to cultivating habits that bring you peace, joy and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment