Saturday, July 9, 2011

Checking in - 2 months later

My oh my, I can't believe it has been 2 months since I last posted a comment or random thought here.

For those of you following my weight loss progression, I'm hovering between 155 - 157 lbs.  I was hoping to be down further, but that's the way it goes.  As I came off the HCG phase 3, I found it easier to switch to an Atkins type protocol.  I try to limit my daily net carbs to 20.  To figure net carbs, you take the carb count and subtract out the dietary fiber and the sugar alcohols.  I've been doing this for a while now, and maintaining.  My typical diet goes like this:

Breakfast:  1 egg and 2-4 slices of bacon.  Or left overs from dinner the night before.  Or an Atkins bar.

Lunch:  Sliced turkey or shrimp or a hamburger patty.

Snack:  Handful of roasted almonds, 2 slices of string cheese.  A glass of red wine or a can of club soda.

Dinner:  A protein source - we tend to stick to grilled chicken, ground beef, steak or fish.  A salad and/or vegetable.  Maybe some cottage cheese.  And a few days a week, some fruit.

It doesn't sound very balanced, does it?  It doesn't feel balanced.  For the rest of the summer, I think I'm just going to eat basically what I want.  I know I need to stay away from flour products, rice, pasta and potatoes on a daily basis.  Sure, I splurge now and then, mostly on something sweet made with flour (pie, cookies, etc).  I've kind of lost my taste for potatoes, but an occasional french fry or grilled red potato is nice.

Our weather here in the Pacific Northwest as just started to improve, so I am wanting to get back to my daily walking plan.  I feel better when I do.  I think better when I do.

Mostly these last two months, I've just been working on my own shit.  Reaffirming my spiritual base and letting go of old hurts and angers that no longer serve me.  Well, technically, they never served me, but that's just all part of the lesson.  I'm feeling the need to pull back.  I'm limiting my Facebook time because I find that people inadvertantly make comments that push my buttons.  Nothing anyone says to me personally, but just random things I read that set me off on a negative thinking streak.  I found it better just to avoid the triggers.  I spend a good portion of my day with one of my grandsons, and the blessings are always compounded when my other grandson joins us, or my honorary grandson visits.  I watch a lot of TV, play word games on my Kindle as well as Bejeweled Blitz, and read.  If you are a workaholic (as I have been in the past), you'd look at my life now and either be jealous or think that I was depressed/lazy/out of my mind.  I'm happy doing nothing.  It's the perfect place for me to be at this time of my life.

If feel the writing bug itching away at me again, so perhaps I will check in here more often.  I will leave you today with this one piece of advice - one I'm sure you've heard before - but needs repeating because sometimes we out-think ourselves.  Trust your gut - Never ignore a hunch - Pay attention to your intuition.  And just be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment