Friday, April 15, 2011

Recipe Collection: Tangy Vinegar Chicken


I got a 2 thumbs up for the chicken tonight from the husband.  It was a little too tangy for me.  If I make it again, I will brown the breasts in a little olive oil with the garlic and onion, but cook in the broth and half the vinegar the recipe called for.  The recipe comes from the HCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook.

Tangy Vinegar Chicken

100 grams chicken breast  (I cut the breast into smaller pieces)
1/4  cup chicken brother
1/4 apple cider vinegar
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs minced chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste

Combine chicken stock, vinegar, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a sauce pan and warm.  Add chicken and cook thoroughly.  Deglaze pan if necessary with water and/or chicken broth.

Note:  I just realized I forgot to add the lemon juice listed in the ingredients.  But I also see that the author did not include the lemon juice in the instructions either.  I assume it should be added with the rest of the liquids.

No comments:

Post a Comment