Monday, April 4, 2011

Recipe Collection: Middle Eastern Spiced Chicken


The Middle Eastern Spiced Chicken was very good.  I will make it again, next time sauteeing the spices in ghee before adding the rest of the ingredients.  The recipe comes from the HCG Gourmet Cookbook.

Middle Eastern Spiced Chicken

3.5 oz chicken breast
1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/4 tsp allspice
Dash of cumin
Dash of cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine spices with liquid ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Add tomatoes and chicken.  Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked.

Note:  I was cooking for 2 and substituted a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh ones.  I didn't drain them first, but when I make it again, I would drain them.  I will probably experiment with additional Indian spices the next time.  It was a very good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment