Saturday, January 8, 2011

Recipe Collection: Turkey Balls


The turkey ball recipe is an adaption from the one in Caroline Sutherland's book, The Body Knows Cookbook.

Turkey Balls

2 stalks of celery, finely sliced/chopped
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 tsp Spike or similar seasoning blend
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp Braggs

Sautee the onion and celery in a pan sprayed with Pam, until the celery is soft and the onions clear.  I added just a little coconut oil to the pan as well.  Add the seasonings to the cooking vegetables.  (I think the recipe needs more salt - but that is my personal taste.  I don't have high blood pressure, so I don't feel I need to limit my salt intake).  Mix ground turkey and Braggs in a bowl.  Add veggies.  Mix/mush with hands (spraying a little Pam on your hands helps).  Form into balls, and fry in a pan with a little coconut oil.

Note:  Caroline's recipe calls for 1 medium carrot in place of the onion.  She uses olive oil instead of coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment