Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recipe Collection: Chicken Cordon Bleu


OMG, the chicken cordon bleu turned out so good.  I got the recipe from a cookbook called The Hungry Girl. 

Chicken Cordon Bleu

1 chicken breast, washed and dried, and pounded to 1/4"
1 wedge Laughing Cow Lite cheese
2 paper thin slices of low fat ham (the cheap lunch meat package is what I used)

Lay out pounded chicken breast.  Spread cheese on top.  Put ham slices on top of this.  Roll up like a blintz and secure with a wooden toothpick.  Back in a baking dish, sprayed with Pam, covered in foil for 20 minutes.   Remove foil and cook an additional 15 minutes.

Note:  I made these regular size portions for the rest of the family.  For me, I cut the breast in half, used half a wedge on each, and 1 slice of ham.  This way I had one portion for dinner last night and one portion for lunch tomorrow.  I made 8 regular portions, plus my 2 little ones, and I extended the cooking time by 5 minutes.  It was so good - even the 10 year old was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment