Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recipe Collection: Hamburger Gravy

I am feeling in the need of some comfort food, so I will be having mashed potatoes and hamburger gravy for dinner tonight.  When adding back in starches, I am going to follow my friend Bruce's strategy for weight loss.  Only eat a 1/4 cup of a high carb or high sugar food at your meal.  The gravy will be a 'free' food, but I will only have one-half level cup of the mashed potatoes. 

My easy hamburger gravy recipe is to pan fry crumbled low fat hamburger - I use buffalo when I can find it.  Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.  Drain any excess fat.  Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) per pound of hamburger.  Stir well, and heat until warmed through.  Serve on top of mashed potatoes or biscuits.  One pound of hamburger usually feeds about 4 adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment