Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recipe Collection: Marcia's Vegetable Soup

Marcia's Vegetable Soup (for 4)

1 large can tomato juice
1/2 head cauliflower
1 bunch broccoli
seasonings to taste
shredded jack cheese

I cook it in a crock pot, but it can be done on the stove top.  Chop cauliflower and broccoli.  Add to tomato juice in pan.  Season to taste.  I use Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper, and a dash of cinnamon if the soup tastes tart.  I also will add any extra vegetables I may have.  I sauteed some chopped onion, celery and minced garlic in olive oil and added it to the soup.  Cook until vegetables are done the way you like.  Serve in separate bowls, and top with shredded cheese .

It's called Marcia's Vegetable Soup because I got the recipe from my dear friend, Marcia.  She is a COOK.  I just make dinner.  There's a difference!  This is one of my family's favorite soups, and I love it for the simplicity.  It's also a great recipe to give to a new bride or mom who is looking for quick meals to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment