Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Recipe Collection: Chicken and Broccoli Saute



Chicken and Broccoli Saute Recipe:

Serving for one
3.5 oz / 100 grams of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in strips
1 handful broccli florets
1/2 cut low sodium, low fat chicken broth
1/2 tsp garlic power
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp coconut oil

Toss chicken in coconut oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sautee chicken in non stick skillet for 1-2 minutes. 
Add broccoli and stir fry for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth, garlic powder and lemon juice.  Cover and cook until broccoli is tender.

Note:  I was cooking for 4, so I had used a little more coconut oil, and sauteed the chicken a little longer.  By the time I added the broth, the chicken was almost done, so I ended up taking out the chicken and just letting the broccoli cook in the broth.   I did increase the amount of garlic powder, salt and pepper to go with the number of servings I was cooking, but I did not significantly increase the lemon juice as my family does not like the strong flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment