Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quotes from The Little Book of Aloha by Reneta Provenzano

I am cleaning out my desk, and I found a piece of paper with some quotes from The Little Book of Aloha, and I thought I would share.

When opportunity knocks, answer the door.

You are in control of your own life.  Be open to advice but trust in yourself to decide.  We each have our own rhythm.  Learn to dance to yours.

Do not read too much into things.  Some things are exactly as they appear.

Listen to what people say, but watch what they do.

Once an apology has been made, it becomes your responsibility to forgive.  If a grudge is held instead, it becomes your kaumaha (burden) and will continue to make you ill.

Anger is fear of letting go.

Understand your intentions before you act, as actions plant the seed for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment