Sunday, August 22, 2010

Abundance Tip: Use Affirmations

Some people collect baseball cards. Others collect antiques. And yet others collect CocaCola memerobilia. I collect affirmations. I have a 3X5 file box full of affirmations for most any occasion.

I am sure you have heard the teaching about how our thoughts create our reality. We are co-creators with Source/God for our experiences in life.  The Bible tells us “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Before the creation took place, God had to think the thought of creation. “Then God said, Let there be light, and there was light.” Think the thought, speak the word, and creation begins.

Affirmations are the process we use to speak the word. We decide (think the thoughts) what we want, then we verbalize those thoughts in the form of a positive affirmation. The Universal Creative Mind does not know the difference between complaining and affirming. It is very important that we speak of what we want, not what we don’t want. Don Miguel Ruiz, author of one of my favorite books, The Four Agreements, calls this being impeccable in your word.

My favorite affirmation to use is “I am prosperous.” It covers a wide variety of situations. It is easy to remember and recall. It is the first thing out of my mouth when and if I notice that I am talking about things I do not want to create. In other words, if I find myself thinking or talking about a problem or situation that I do not want to create or continue, I make the shift in my consciousness by repeating the affirmation “I am prosperous” over and over and over.

I have found that repeating an affirmation at least 100 times in a day increases the power of that affirmation. It may sound like a lot, but really it goes very quickly. It does not have to be 100 times in a row. I do affirmations when I’m in the shower, at a stop light, during a TV commercial, etc. You will surprise yourself how many moments there are during the average day where you can repeat your affirmations.

I employ my KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetheart) philosophy when working with affirmations. I have found that the shorter the affirmation, the more apt I am to remember it and be able to rattle it off at those times that my ego is loud. There are many books and websites, teachers and coaches, which list and create affirmations. Many of my favorites come from people like Florence Scovel Shinn and Catherine Ponder. I have included some of the ones I use frequently below.

I am prosperous.

Golden opportunities are all around me.

I always have more than enough.

My prosperity serves the world.

Affirmations can be repeated silently as a mantra while you are meditating. They can be repeated out loud as suggested above (in the car, in the shower, during TV commercials). You can write out the affirmations if you like. You can record your voice saying the affirmations, and then play them back while you are sleeping.

One powerful way of working with affirmation is to do them in partnership with a friend or in a group. I have used this technique in a Mastermind Group and in a 4T Prosperity class. The group sits in a circle. The first person states their affirmation, such as “I am abundantly wealthy. I easily pay my bills and I have money to spare.” Starting with the person sitting on the right, everyone in the group then repeats back the affirmations, one at a time, using the person’s first name. For example, “Betsy, you are abundantly wealthy. You easily pay your bills and you have money to spare.” When each person has repeated the affirmations back, the person on the right then states his/her affirmation, and the process is repeated.

Affirmations are not a magic trick to achieve your desires.  Affirmations are a practical and useful tool to co-create all you need or desire.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    You have an incredibly wonderful blog. To grow to be a effective man or woman the essential issue should be to have positive thinking. Appreciate Sky Rocketing Success with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Create Positive Thinking So You can Do away with Stress From your Existence, Boost Your Self-Confidence and Plan Your self For Lifetime Accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You have a very nice blog. Most people will not realize what mind power can do to one's achievements Start out directing the great power of the mind and subconscious mind to create the life you choose with our Mind Power training process. Get the Free of charge Mp3, E-Course and CD right now and start directing the power of your respective mind and subconscious mind to develop the existence you choose - in 7-simple measures.

    ReplyDelete