Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday

I enjoy going to http://www.jamieridlerstudios.com/ every Wednesday morning to see what Jamie's topic is for that day.  Today's question was very intriguing, and I'm taking part in the hopes of finding the why behind my answer.

The question is What Do You Wish To Say No To?  I've actually had some pretty nice opportunities presented to me about speaking engagements, but the bottom line is that I do not enjoy speaking in front of large groups.  I love small group work.  I love writing.  I love sharing.  I love helping.  I do not love standing on a stage and just talking.  I know that is really not part of my path.  If it was, I would enjoy doing it.  I wish to say no to such generous offers without feeling guilty about doing so.  I wish to say no without striking a fear cord that I am somehow tampering with my abundance.

Today I say no to speaking engagements and yes to writing assignments.
Today I say no to fame, and yes to fortune.
Today I say no to doing things out of fear, and yes to doing things out of joy.

And so it is.

3 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also Betsy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined your 'yes's' with your 'no's" very powerful! As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May you say no when it does not serve you and yes where you are nutured.
    (PS : the link from Jamie's did not come here, I found you through google)

    ReplyDelete