Sunday, February 14, 2010

You Are What You Eat

Oh oh - last night I had pork chops.  I guess I'm a pig.  But seriously folks.....

I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other on the subject of food.  I followed a raw food diet for 6 months one time.  I did the Atkins diet for 6 months.  I was an ovolactovegetarian for over 15 years.  Right now, I'm eating anything I want.  I avoid some foods, such as wheat and dairy, because I feel better when I don't eat them.  Occasionally I cheat, but that's a choice I make, knowing the consequences that follow.  I struggle most with my personal feelings about consuming meat, whether it be beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, etc.  I love animals.  And I do have issues with myself about not being vegetarian.  I just feel better when I have protein that meat provides.  My answer, for the time being, is to continue to take of me.  To trust my body's messages.  And to take the time to bless the food I eat, and to give thanks to the animals who provide for my nourishment.

That's my blah blah blah for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment