Saturday, February 13, 2010

A New Commitment

I woke up this morning with the thought that I should do what they tell all writers to do.....Make a commitment to write "something" every day.  I do draw a daily card from my KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetheart)™ Oracle deck and write a little comment about the card and how it applies to life....in particular my life.  Sometimes my comments are clearly channelled and sometimes it is just stuff.  And then I have this blog that I have not contributed to in a long time.  It started out as a place to yada yada yada and blah, blah, blah about things.  So today I will make the commitment to write something here every day. 

I wonder how long the commitment will last?  How long do resolutions last?  Until you get bored with it or until you see no purpose in continuing with it or you are distracted by the latest version of some computer game.  This is sounding awfully pessimestic to me.  I see myself as a grown up Pollyanna - to the point that sometimes I even want to gag myself.  Yet here I am talking about making a commitment and wondering when I will break it, all in the same paragraph.

Back to the writer writing something every day.  My goal right now is to write a series of mystery novels involving a 30ish main character, sprinkled with some psychic or metaphysical stuff, and full of snappy, witting dialog.  That's my 'true north' for the moment, but instead, I'm headed south southwest or somewhere because I'm blahblahblahing instead.

If I haven't lost you by now, either you know me and know that eventually something interesting or funny will come out of my mouth/head onto the paper/screen - or you are glutton for punishment and poor writing.  That is a question you will need to answer for yourself.

Until tomorrow.....Keep it simple and keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment