Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday - What Is Your Winter Wish?

It's Wishcasting Wednesday at http://www.jamieridlerstudios.com/.  I've been away for a few weeks as my husband and I have started our adventures as full time RVers.  Of course a new journey isn't without its flaws, or rather learning experiences uniquely disguised as challenges.  We are taking these in stride and working through them. 

Today's wishcasting prompt is "What Is Your Winter Wish?"

Oh what a great question for me!   For the past number of years, I had been working for a well known spiritual teacher.  I was unexpectedly laid off; unexpectedly to me anyway, and it threw me into a loop.  So much of this job was who I thought I was.  In the nine months since this happened, I've learned that I buried myself and now I'm anxious to bloom again as me.  The hard part for me is that this indeed is winter, a time of hibernation or dormancy.  I am anxious for my rebirth, but over and over I receive the message of patience.  It is still time just to rest and rejuvenate.  I am dealing with all of life's fertilizer, doing my best to grab the nutrients and let go of the rest.  I'm re-establishing my roots and my groundedness, something that I lost in the previous job.  I'm gathering my personal beliefs and finding ways to teach what is true to me, and not just repeat the rhetorical parlance of others. 

As you can probabaly intuit, I am still working through some hurt and disilluisionment over the way I perceive I was treated.  I'm sure the others involved have their own versions of the situation.  My winter wish is to rediscover me, to cut the etheric cords of pain and fear, and allow this time of respite and quiescence to heal and rejuvenate me as I prepare for the next segment of this journey called life.

16 comments:

  1. As Betsy wishes for herself, I wish for you also!
    Oh Besty..I am sorry..how painful. May you find rebirth and renewed calm ..so deeply wishing this for you!!
    Namaste hon, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to blooming as YOU!
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the student is ready, the Teacher presents itself. When the student is ready, the Teacher disappears.

    So, this would not have happened unless you were ready to be without that one in your life.

    I have found that when I have ignored the subtle signs that it was time for me to move on, Spirit just cuts the cord for me. It can be very sudden and hurtful. Lesson is to learn to move on without being kicked in the emotional arse, as it were.

    The biggest thing to get over is disappointment. And, you are not hurt so much as you are disappointed to find that someone you respected and honored turns out to be just a Human Being as the rest of us can be....

    Don't be. You learned and your time is done. Now is the time for you to formulate how you can share what you learned with all of us. For, that's what you are meant to do.

    As, this Dear One wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To rediscovery & honoring your truth
    As Betsy wishes for herself, so I do wish as well.
    May all of your winter wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a strong and healing wish!

    As Betsy wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.. May you find peace and joy during this time of gathering and hibernation and rejuvenation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in a very similar place as well. As you wish for your rejuvenation and rebirth, I wish for you as well. Love your blog; I'll be visiting often. My significant number is 52. Any insight on the meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly has shared such wise words and cannot top them, other than to say to all things a season. Notice your resentment and ask yourself where in your life do you let people down? Not as a weapon to beat yourself up with but a wonderful learning tool. Also, the work of Byron Katie is very helpful in getting over hurts caused by others. I am so glad to have met you today and I will be sure to keep my eyes on your blog and website. You're a delightful soul!

    As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Betsy wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Betsy, her renewal and rekindling... very proud to know this amazing woman, even in the limitations of cyber-world :)(((♥)))
    ~Shamsi

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    May you find something that is even more you to do and with a way better human being.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Betsy wishes for herself, I also wish for her in abundance. As difficult as it has been, it sounds like you are on the right path and have the right perspective. I'm wishing you much growth and reflection during this winter season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! Setting aside pain and fear are great wishes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Betsy wishes for herself, so I truly wish for her as well.

    Wishing you nothing but goodness as you rest and recover and prepare to blossom. Peace and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    I'm still in the process of a horrific separation from a job in a church organization that happened 5 months ago, a deep betrayal that led to me questioning much of my personal belief systems. Holly has some really good words about working through the process!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As Betsy wishes for herself, so I wish for her.

    Patience is not my strongest attribute, so I have no words of wisdom for you there. But I do know a thing or two about the quest for healing since I'm on a journey-and-a-half myself. One day soon you will wake up and feel a little lightness seeping in around the edges! That's how it will begin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As Betsy wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
    May your wishes and dreams be fulfilled - may you find a true calling that surpasses all you have had in the past!

    ReplyDelete