Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Three Bees - What Does It Mean?

(Originally written May 3, 2009)

The Creator and the Angels communicate with us in many different ways. They download pictures into our brains (clairvoyance), they whisper in our ears (clairaudience), they send us heightened sensations or gut feelings (clairsentience), they send us messages through numbers such as 444 (the angels are with you), among other things. When they really want to get out attention, they send repetitive messages or symbols. When the message or information comes through an animal experience – either a sighting, or in meditation – shamans refer to this as a totem animal (also called power animal). Ted Andrews and Steven Farmer have written books on what the different animal totems mean.


The reason I bring this up is that I have had, over the last few days, 3 instances where bees came up. Two of these instances were what I would term unusual. The third one, not so much, but it caught my attention just the same.

Here in Kona, they have the biggest bumblebees I have ever seen. These suckers are huge. I’ve become somewhat accustomed to them so that I no longer jump a foot off the ground and go running, but still they give you pause to stand still and watch. On a walk the other morning, I saw one of these huge bumblebees and it appeared to have a large white spot on top of its body, so that it looked 1/3 white and 2/3s black. I thought maybe a bird had pooped on it. It was quite unusual. After some research, I found it was a carpenter bee drone, and the white spot was part of its markings.

Second bee showed up the next day, and it hovered right in front of me. It wasn’t buzzing – it was hovering, just at about eye level. Again, never had see that happen before.

The third instance was a reference to bees in one of the Twilight Series books. (Okay, I admit it…I’m hooked on these books. Definitely recommend you give them a try. The author’s name is Stephenie Meyer). It wasn’t that the paragraph describing the bees was grossly unusual, but it caught my attention, possibly because of the two other encounters.

And I think that’s the point – it caught my attention. Of the kazillions of thoughts we think, and data our brain processes each day, why would I focus on the bees? I believe it is because there was a message in the symbolism around the bee. What thoughts came up for me when I considered bees. Off the top of my head, I thought about ‘busy as a bee’ and I thought about the stinger. I associated bees with flowers, so ‘stop to smell the roses’ was a consideration. Of course, I had to go look up what bees meant according to some shamans.

Here are some interesting things I found. My apologies to the authors of this material. I didn’t know I was going to be writing about it, and I only copy and pasted information for my own use. I didn’t make note of the source at the time.

“When a bee totem appears it is helpful to evaluate your activities. How much work are you getting done? Don’t ask yourself how busy you are. We can be very busy and yet accomplish little. The bee is very productive and doesn’t mess around. Bee teaches us to stay on task until the work gets done.”

“The stinger is also significant, a bee’s stinger represents sacrifice. The stinger is used as a defensive weapon, yet can result in death. When a bee totem appears you may need to ask yourself what needs to be sacrificed or let go of. If you allow yourself to let go of things that no longer serve you, the sweetness that may be in short supply will flow toward you more freely.”

“Bee shows us we can accomplish what seems impossible by having dedication and working hard. It asks us to pursue our dreams with incredible focus and fertilize our aspirations. Bee teaches us to cooperate with others who have similar goals so we can learn how to help each other.”

“If your energy is scattered the bumblebee can show you how to regain focus. If it stings you, it is saying, wake up and follow the rhythm of your own heartbeat. When a bumblebee buzzes you it is asking you to follow its lead. In so doing you will arrive at the destination most appropriate for your new life awakening.”

“The bee reminds us to extract the honey of life and to make our lives fertile (productive) while the sun shines. No matter how great the dream is, there is the promise of fulfillment if we pursue our dreams.”

“The Bee is the symbol of accomplishing the impossible. Aerodynamically, its body is too large for its wings and should not be able to fly. Although now we understand how it does fly (high rate of wing movement),the Bee remains a symbol of accomplishing anything you put your mind to.”

“It may be time to look for a new community or hive. Is your home and the people around you supporting you in the way that is truly beneficial for you and others?”

What is interesting to me is that I can apply most all of those meanings to my personal and professional life right now. I am thankful to Bee for its messages. Those messages bring me hope and guidance. I’m thankful to The Creator God and the angels for using this form of symbolic messaging system to get my attention.

~Betsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment