Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out Of This Situation, Only Good Shall Come

(Originally posted June 21, 2009)

Really? Seriously? Okay, there is a part of me that knows without a doubt that this is true, but right now I’m stuck in the muck of Ego and trying to figure out how this phrase – this belief – can possibly bring comfort to someone who has lost a child to leukemia? How can this be true for someone who has lost his life savings in the last stock market dive? How can this be true for someone who was fired from a job she loved? How can this be true for someone who was just given a diagnosis of cancer? How can this be true for someone who just found out his/her partner was unfaithful?


It doesn’t flow as nicely, but I’d be more apt to find truth in the statement – This situation sucks. However something good (or dare I say something better) is coming my way….eventually.

Yeah, yeah, that’s all well and good, but what about now? How do we get past the grieving process? Just let it run its course? If you believe in the Law of Attraction, then does it not stand to reason that the more you grieve, the more you attract things to grieve about? That doesn’t seem fair. Isn’t bitching and venting part of the grieving process? Certainly our angels, our guides, our higher selves all know that we don’t want more to grieve about – that we are just processing.

How do you get out of the revolving door of “poor me”? I know for me, journaling has helped. I pour out my thoughts on paper, and then burn the paper in a simple ceremony. Talking/emailing with friends has helped. Of course, I have extraordinary friends who always seem to say something that brings me more insight into my feelings. They are helping me to understand what still needs to be looked at so I can let loose, let go and let God. I certainly don’t like my current emotional/mental state, but I’m the only one that can change it. With a little help from my friends, my angels, and my guides, I’m working through it. I am very blessed, and I know it.

I experienced a situation that sucked. I’m working through it. Picking myself up, dusting myself off, and starting over. Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better. Good is coming my way now. And truly, out of this situation called life – only good can come.

~Betsy~

No comments:

Post a Comment